Trading Standards, Other Roles
Job Description Claims Management Officer
The contract is due to continue until the end of March 2019
General Description of Activities
Public Protection is the generic name given to the grouping of what used to be separate services including Trading Standards, Scientific Services and Animal Health and Welfare. Public Protection is part of the Place Directorate and exists to deliver and contribute to the Vision and Mission of the County Council and to discharge mandatory duties placed on the local authority by central government.
The Claims Management Unit supports the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) with responsibilities for authorisations, monitoring the market and enforcement in relation to the Compensation Act 2006. This Act introduces a compulsory authorisation procedure and rules of conduct for claims management businesses.
Statement of Purpose:
The post holder will provide an enforcement role to the Claims Management Unit to enable the Claims Management Unit to deliver in line with national government requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To provide an excellent service in the regulation of claims management businesses (CMC’s) across England and Wales.
2. To maintain records in accordance with MOJ, corporate and departmental policies.
3. Ensure IT processes are maintained to provide an effective authorisation system.
4. To plan and carry out investigations, surveys and research into claims management issues and deals with issues of non compliance effectively.
5. Work with businesses providing advice and constructive ways of complying with legislative requirements.
6. To provide information both statistical and narrative for the completion of return and reports identifying non compliance issues.
7. To maintain systems for the receipt, analysis, allocation and investigation of complaints.
8. Work with persons from within and outside the County Council to ensure that the policies and priorities of the County Council and the Ministry of Justice are met
9. To raise awareness of the regulation of claims management and promote the interests of consumers.
10. Work with partner agencies including other regulators, representatives of CMC’s, trading standards services, other stakeholders and the media.
11. To undertake in-service training as required.
12. Undertake any other duties required by management which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
The Claims Management Unit has national responsibility. This may involve working away from the office on a regular basis.
The County Council is seeking to promote the employment of people with a disability and will make adjustments considered reasonable to the duties of the Job Description and requirements of the Person Specification, under the terms of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 to accommodate a suitable candidate with a disability.
This Vacancy is no longer open for applications. Please search vacancies or submit your CV